Mutual antipathy between Democrats and Republicans is at an all-time high. They don’t merely disagree; they see each other as enemies. Many factors contribute to party-based polarization. One often overlooked contributor is our “winner takes all” voting system. Voters are given a list of choices. Whichever gets the most votes wins. The winner need not receive a majority of votes – she just needs more than the next person.
Want Political Collaboration? Instead of ‘Winner Takes All,’ Let’s Make It ‘Winner Takes Some.’
- Free Business Ethics Course Materials
- Defensive Gun Use Among Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, and American Indians
- The Venture Capitalist Approach to Being an Academic
- Georgetown professor: AR-15 ‘commonly owned’ and ‘incredibly popular’
- “Canadian Blood Services eyes getting plasma from paid donors amid supply challenges”